Thursday, October 09, 2008

Hi all...

Just thought I'd post a little something and see how everyone is doing out there - Melissa - seriously - could that boy get any cuter? Updated pics???

My boys are growing like weeds - Alex is 15 and a sophomore at Andrean. He's doing really well there, actually taking theatre arts as a class, participating in concert band (no marching band at Andrean...booo) and doing really well as a drummer with his band That's Right (www.myspace.com/thatsright17). We sent him to rock and roll band camp this summer with Power Chord Academy, and he had a blast there, too. His band for the week was called Sideshow and they wrote and recorded a single as well as a music video for the track. Really cool stuff. The single was so good it was one of 18 singles selected for the "Overall Best of 2008" compilation CD for all of the PCA sessions nationwide. We're obviously extremely proud!!

Owen is 11 and my athlete - we're finishing Pop Warner football now and then we'll wait it out for baseball season. I gotta say - I LOVE him playing football!! I didn't think I would when he started...all of those mommy fears about injuries...but it's truly fun to watch. He's actually talking about picking up a musical instrument as well - I'm pushing him towards bass, so we can have our own little in-house rhythm section. :) He's doing well in school and has his mother's personality, heaven help him.

As for me, still a computer geek, worrying about the bailout and how it will affect my job since I work for a bankruptcy/foreclosure firm here in Mville. Enjoying the hell out of my recent work with a blues band, meeting so many fantastic musicians.

Is anyone still out there? The holidays are rapidly approaching - anyone looking at plans to come home for Thanksgiving? Christmas?

Julie (Anton) Braveman has started her own photography biz: www.juliebraveman.com. If you're looking for family photos, you won't find anyone better.

3 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, October 31, 2008, Blogger Melissa said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 10:53 AM, October 31, 2008, Blogger Melissa said...

Hi, Becca!

Sounds like you have your hands full, but are enjoying it!

I can't imagine having a 15-year-old, but I know it's right around the corner - time goes so fast anymore.

John, Myles and I are planning a fast trip to Chicago/Toronto at the beginning of December. We'll be in Chicago about 3 days, one of those we'll be driving down to Morocco, Ind. to visit my grandparents. I wish we had more time this trip, alas...

Anyway, good to hear you're still out there and things are going well (even with this crummy economy).

I'd love to see some pics of Alex and Owen!

We dressed Myles up for his first Halloween - hilarious. I'll post a few photos.

Take good care.

Melissa

 
At 11:22 AM, November 04, 2008, Blogger Rebecca said...

Melissa - your grandparents live in Morocco??? You'll be driving right past me!!! Let me know if you want to stop by, have a cocktail after your visit, maybe?? - I'd love to meet Myles in person and see you - it's been AGES.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home