Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Pictures of my boys

Melissa - as you wish!
Here is a picture of Owen (6th grader, age 11) as Barack Obama in the mock presidential debate at his school on Friday. We aired the debate on a live internet feed and we figure we had a few hundred viewers from schools around Indiana, not to mention his entire school was present in the gym with all of the teachers, administrators and of course, the parents!

This is my rockstar teenager, Alex, at a fantastic gig his band That's Right had this summer.


Lots to be proud of with my boys this year! (And every year, despite my best efforts, they are really great kids!

4 Comments:

At 11:49 PM, November 04, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bek-Bek,
Damn talk about a mini-obama!
I was looking at those pics while watching election coverage, son Owen could be Barack Obama Jr.! Great pics of the kids! Loved the football video that you posted a while ago too! I also requested for you to add me on my space!

Later-Robin

 
At 9:15 AM, November 07, 2008, Blogger Rebecca said...

They are beautiful, aren't they???

I log on to myspace so rarely - I'll have to go check that out. I have two myspace pages, actually. My "personal page," that I really only use to spy on my teenager and what HE's doing on myspace. The other is my "professional" page for my blues singing career that just may take off yet. You can find that here:
myspace.com/rebeccaannewithane

 
At 12:15 AM, November 12, 2008, Blogger Melissa said...

Gorgeous! They are both wonderful, and I love it that they both seem great at what they've chosen, but very different. THANKS so much for sharing the pictures!!!

 
At 8:45 AM, November 19, 2008, Blogger Rebecca said...

Melissa -
They are great at what they've chosen and they are so different. I couldn't be happier as a mom, getting to run to sporting events and cheer on Owen and getting to go to gigs and sing and dance to Alex's music.

And they are actually really cool kids in general. I mean, I know every parent thinks their kid is awesome, but seriously. They are smart, and funny, and kind, and I somehow wonder how I managed to have two boys who are so different yet so the same.

Seeing your son in that costume brought back so many memories of when my boys were young. Seems like another lifetime now...you have so many awesome things to look forward to!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home